So today I turn the big 2-8 which means I am officially in my late twenties and 30 is just around the corner. While I’ve done a ton of cool things in my twenties, I wanted to take a moment to create a bucket list of what else I’d like to accomplish before I begin the next decade of my life.
- Visit at least three continents – Since I live in North America and have been to Europe a few times, I’m looking at you Africa, South America, Australia, & Asia.
- Complete the 30 Things to Cook before you turn 30 Challenge – I’ve already knocked one item off this list, so only 29 things to cook in the next 24 months!
- Visit at least 25 States – I’ve made it to 20 so far, so I just need to make it to 5 more! I’m definitely hoping to add Maine, Oregon, & Nevada!
- Complete a Whole 30 Challenge – As much as I love dairy, I really think the Whole 30 Challenge will really force me to learn how to balance cooking healthy with my busy work schedule.
- Take a Trip to the Caribbean and Stay at an All Inclusive
- Go to (or host) a Clam Bake on the Beach – Ina Garten’s to blame for this one, it just looks like such a good time!
- Visit the Statue of Liberty & Walk Across the Brooklyn Bridge – I’m ashamed to say that after over 3 years of living in the greater NYC area I still haven’t done either of these, so they are definitely a must in the next 2 years!
- Take a Wine Tour of the Finger Lakes – My parents used to go every year with their friends and it always sounded like so much fun, plus I really like Lake Glenora Reisling and it’s hard to find in PA and NJ.
- See the Play, “Book of Mormon”
- See the Northern Lights – This is probably one of the hardest items to accomplish on this list since it involves a vacation that’s strategically planned for a time when the Northern Lights are visibile, but I’m really hoping I can pull it off.
- Take Surf Lessons – I have wanted to learn how to surf since the movie Blue Crush came out and I always end up putting it off, so it’s time to finally give it a shot!
- Write an eBook About Cooking or Entertaining
- Visit 10 Countries – I’m currently at 6 (US, Italy, Vatican City, France, Belgium, & The Netherlands), but I’ll probably go to Mexico for work in the next few months and so that would mean only 3 more to go!
- Visit at least 10 of the 50 Best Craft Breweries in America – So far I’ve only been to three: Brooklyn Brewery, Yuengling, & Abita so I definitely need to step up my game.
- Visit NASA in Houston – With my brother living in Houston and a conference coming up there next Spring this should be an easy one to cross of the list.
- Learn How to Make Bagels From Scratch
- Master the Art of Homemade Pasta – My time in Italy has me becoming a total pasta snob so I really am going to need to learn to make it myself.
- Find a Workout Routine That I Love and Stick To It
- Splurge on an Amazing Dinner at a Famous Restaurant – It will be tough to decide which one I’ll splurge on, but between travel and living so close to NYC there are plenty of options!
- Learn to make Fancy Cocktails by taking a Mixology Class
- Go to the NY Food and Wine Festival (or another major food festival)
- Play a Table Game at a Casino – I’ve always been super intimidated by table games, so it will be good to push myself out of my comfort zone a bit.
- Visit 10 of the cities on CN Travel’s Top 25 Cities Reader’s Choice Award (2014) – In the past week alone I’ve visited two: Florence & Sienna! Overall I’ve seen 7 so far: Florence, Charleston, Rome, Sienna, Chicago, San Francisco, & New Orleans. So while 3 more in the next 2 years may be a bit difficult I think it’s doable!
- Take a Cooking Class in a Foreign Country
- Host a Formal Dinner Party
- Visit the World Expo – I can check this one off already, since we checked out the Expo in Milan last weekend!
- Go to a Live filming of a TV Show
- Learn Another Language (or at least complete all the levels of Duolingo) – While between grade school, high school, and college I’ve dabbled in Spanish, Italian, Latin, & French, I’ve never stuck to a language long enough to actually be able to really get to know it and put my skills to use when travelling. Hopefully in the next two years, I can change that and really work hard at learning Italian since I know I’ll be back to Italy to visit family and explore more regions sooner rather than later.
- Have a Good Idea of My Career Plan – Ideally I’d love to put buy a house on the list, but while I’ve come a long way in figuring out what I want to be when I grow up what steps I’m going to take to get there in the next few years still need a bit more work.
- Create a List of 40 Things To Do Before 40 – This list would have been a lot easier to accomplish if I had started a few years ago, so since I’m sure my list is only going to get more ambitious I’ll definitely want to give myself all the time I can to complete it!
5 thoughts on “Birthday Edition: 30 Things to do before 30”
happy birthday Kate what a beautiful picture
Comments are closed.