Memorial Day Weekend means one thing, the start of the beach season. Like a lot of people, my family and I will be heading down to the shore to enjoy the warm weather and celebrate the holiday. With that said, it’s time to start putting together all your beach essentials. To help you out, I’ve got all my must haves for a great day by the ocean.
- Beach Bag. Obviously, the first thing you’re going to need is a beach bag and I am just loving this bag from Vera Bradley. The palm trees remind me of South Carolina and the pattern keeps it fun for the summer. It also comes in 3 other colors, if pink isn’t your favorite!
- Suncreen. Having a tube of sunscreen is super important. Lately, I’ve been hearing about more and more young people being diagnosed with melanoma so apply, apply, and re-apply people!
- Headphones/Speaker. These are great for the beach. I usually create a beach playlist to help me relax and enjoy the day! Country music is always my beach day go-to. I throw in an older pair of headphones since they are bound to get covered in sand. Old Navy usually sells some on their shelves in the checkout line and for $5, the quality is pretty good!
- Hair Comb. Nothing is worse than going for a dip in the ocean, feeling like Ariel, from the Little Mermaid, diving through the waves, only to come out with your hair looking like a rat’s nest. Pack a comb to help detangle those salty knots!
- Waterproof Camera. My brother got me a waterproof camera for Christmas a few years ago and it is probably my favorite beach accessory. There’s just something way more fun about taking pictures underwater or in the ocean.
- Beach Read. The beach is where I get caught up on all my non-textbook reading. The Husband’s Secret has been on the top of my book list ever since my wonderful friend Karen raved about it a few months ago. I’ve been patiently waiting ever since for a chance to read it. Plus, it got 4.5 stars with almost 15,000 reviews on Amazon!
- Waterproof Phone Sleeve. I never go anywhere without my phone and the beach is no exception. This sleeve is awesome because it keeps my phone out of the sand and I don’t have to worry about any water getting on it too!
- Water bottle. Staying hydrated on a hot beach is absolutely necessary. When it comes to a water bottle, I tend to stick to double-walled ones to keep it from sweating too much in my bag.
- Baseball Cap. As much as I love the sun, having the sun in your eyes all day can be a little much. A baseball cap is an easy and cute way to keep your face out of the sun.
- SPF Lip Balm. While it seems odd, your lips can actually get sunburned. This is why I am always sure to have a lip balm with SPF, like this one from Carmex, in my beach bag.
- Sunglasses & Croakies. I had been wanting croakies for so long. Right before my spring break trip, I came across Lilly Pulitzer ones and for $14, I couldn’t leave without them! I attached them onto my aviators and have not taken them off since. They look super cute and because you can just leave them hanging around your neck, you don’t have to worry about your sunglasses getting caught in your hair!
- Beach towel. This is pretty self explanatory. Target always carries really great ones in fun colors and patterns. They even have a flamingo towel!
Hopefully, you will be heading to the beach soon if not for Memorial Day Weekend. Do you have any other items that you can’t go without in your beach bag?
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, we receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you.